Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission files are in a format ready for publishing.
If you want to upload material to AU Library's e-book platform, you first need to accept and confirm compliance with the following prerequisites, terms and conditions for use:
• AU Library's e-book platform is a service offered to researchers and staff at Aarhus University. Here, you can publish books, PhD dissertations, working papers and more, free of charge.
• AU Library makes the platform available and maintains it technically; however, AU Library accepts no responsibility in terms of the content. It is a 100 % user-driven platform.
• In order to upload material to the platform, you must accept that there will be free, public access (Open Access) to the material.
• As an author, you retain the copyright to any material you upload, and you can have the material removed from the platform should you want this at a later stage. However, this does not apply to the metadata you submit about the material or your summary, which can freely be published on this or similar platforms for at least 10 years.
• You are only allowed to upload your own material or material for which you have been given prior permission from the author to do so. It is a prerequisite that you or the author, on behalf of whom you are uploading, have the full copyright for the entire material. It is a prerequisite and your responsibility that the material does not infringe on any third party's rights, legislative requirements or agreements that you have made with others or any other conditions.
• It is a condition for upload that you have not entered into agreements that limit your possibilities of making the material accessible.
• You should be aware that publishing material on this Open Access platform may cause you trouble if you aim to have the same material published by certain publishers. You should therefore consider in advance whether you want to publish the material here or whether you want to go elsewhere first.
• It is your responsibility to ensure that the front page of your material meets the requirements stipulated by your department, centre, faculty or similar at Aarhus University.
• AU Library will, as a part of the task of making the platform available and maintaining it technically, ensure distribution of metadata, either passively by making metadata searchable or actively by giving search engines, indexes and others access to metadata.
• AU Library accepts no responsibility for PR about the individual materials or other maintenance of materials.
• AU Library accepts no responsibility, direct or indirect, in relation to the material that is uploaded or the way in which users use the material.
• AU Library reserves the right to remove material from the portal without notice and without responsibility for any kinds of loss, direct or indirect. This may become necessary, e.g. for technical reasons, if doubts arise about whether the material infringes on others' rights or legislation, or for other reasons.
• Should it become necessary to remove a file that you have uploaded to the portal, AU Library will aim to inform you via the email address you submitted when setting up your user profile.
• AU Library also reserves the right to move the content to another similar portal should this be necessary for technical reasons, or to close the portal entirely. If your material is removed, your DOI will remain unchanged. If the portal is to be closed, this will be announced on the portal with at least six months' notice.
• If you believe that there is content on the portal that infringes on your or others' rights, we encourage you to report this via this email address: email@example.com.
• At present, there is no upper limit to file sizes or any other similar limitations. AU Library reserves the right to change the conditions for use at a later stage. You are obliged to keep updated about applicable conditions for the portal or any changes to the conditions in force at any given time, as they are shown in the menu.
• Should any conflict arise as a result of use of the portal, Danish law shall apply.
The names and email addresses entered in this press site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this press and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.